Happy Easter everyone!
My today’s post is a bouchee, a bite-sized cake dessert with a sweet cream filling.
I used freeze dried raspberries and blueberries both for the mini cakes and the filling to add the berry flavors.
So the colors and the flavors are all natural. Nothing artificial.
They are not only delicious but also very pretty.
The mini size is also perfect for a dessert table for Easter, or other gatherings, such as a baby shower!
And yes you have to have tulips for Easter.
The tulip is probably one of my favorite flowers.
I just learned pink tulips symbolize “happiness”!
2 egg whites
2 egg yolks
35g all purpose flour
5g corn starch
1~2 teaspoon finely ground and shifted freeze dried raspberries
1~2 teaspoon finely ground and shifted freeze dried blueberries
– 40g butter
– 40g cream cheese
– 1 teaspoon finely ground and shifted freeze dried raspberries
– 1 teaspoon finely ground and shifted freeze dried blueberries
1. Preheat the oven at 340F.
2. Gradually add sugar to egg whites and whip until stiff.
3. Add egg yolks and mix well. Shift flour and corn starch. Add and mix well. Divide the batter into two. Add raspberry powder to one and blueberry powder to the other and mix well.
4. Transfer the batter into pastry bags fitted with a round tip. On a parchment lined pan pipe 1 1/4-inch circles.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes. Let them cool on a rack.
6. Make filling. Combine butter and cream cheese and whip until creamy. Divide into two. Add raspberry powder to one and blueberry powder to the other. Mix well. Add honey and salt.
7. Sandwich the filling with the circles.