This is my first time cooking Morel mushroom!
One of our favorite local pizza restaurants, Big River Pizza , is selling Morel mushroom, and Terry got some for me when he had lunch there one day this week.
The Morel mushrooms were sliced and made into creamy mustard sauce and served over an open omelette with potatoes and asparagus.
Love the flavor and the texture of the Morel!
This breakfast plate was also full of seasonal vegetables we just got from our local farmers market this morning.
Aren’t these veggies simply beautiful?!
Morel sauce (makes enough for 2~4 servings)
– canola oil
– 1 clove garlic, chopped
– 1/2 onion, chopped
– 1/2 cup Morel mushrooms, sliced
– 1~2 tablespoons flour
– 1.5~2 cup soy milk
– 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– salt and pepper
salt and pepper
4~5 stalks asparagus, grilled
1/2 potato, sliced, boiled, and then fried
chopped scallion or parsley
1. Make Morel sauce. Sautee garlic and onion in canola oil for a few minutes until cooked through. Add Morel mushroom and continue to cook for another few minutes. Sprinkle flour and cook for a minute or so while stirring constantly. Add milk, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook while stirring. If it gets too thick add more milk.
2. Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Make a thin omelette.
3. Serve the omelette with boiled and fried sliced potatoes and grilled asparagus. Serve with Morel sauce. Sprinkle chopped scallion or parsley.
I’m on Instagram.