Fettuccine Edamame Alfredo
Since we started the 95% plant based diet, I haven’t used a lot of heavy cream or cheese in my cooking.
I still use them sometimes but not as much as I used to.
Naturally we don’t eat a lot of creamy sauce much any more, but I still like to have “alfredo” pasta once in a while.
This one is made vegan, and I was pleasantly surprised how delicious it turned out to be!
The edamame gives an additional “green” flavor that I like.
I was so satisfied with this creamy delicious pasta dish, but another great thing about this dish is that you don’t have the heavy feeling in your stomach after you finish a large plate of this!
– canola oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1/2 tablespoon flour
– 1/2 cup sherry or white wine
– 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in hot water for one hour
– 3/4 cup edamame, cooked
– 1.5~2 (and more if needed) unsweetened unflavored soy milk
– salt and pepper
– fresh lemon juice
100g cooked fettuccine
salt and pepper
1. Make sauce. Sautee onion and garlic in oil. Sprinkle four and continue to cook for a minute. Add sherry or white wine (I used sherry here and it does add some dark color to the sauce). Continue to cook until the liquid is almost evaporated. Remove from heat. Add nuts and edamame. Puree the whole thing using a hand blender or a regular blender while slowly adding soy milk until smooth and achieves your preferred thickness. Add sugar, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
2. Splash olive oil over cooked fettuccine to prevent stickiness. Salt and pepper. Add sauce to the fettuccine. Mix well.
I’m on Instagram.