I was in the mood for cinnamon rolls.
But I wanted them to be sweet but also taste fresh at the same time.
So here I present my carrot orange cinnamon rolls with orange glaze (and mint).
Dried cranberries were added as well.
I found this sheet pan at Sur La Table as you can see.
I was originally planning to buy another brand’s pans, but when I saw it I instantly fell in love with this.
This pan is heavy and sturdy and I love the professional quality of it.
I purchased two of these, but I may go back to get some more, as I’m thinking of using them as a tray or a placemat as well.
This is a “before” picture.
Here is an “after” picture, right out of the oven.
Whenever I make glaze like this, I’m sort of horrified by the amount of sugar that goes into it.
But sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, right?
So happy with the result.
This was great with coffee.
Any cinnamon rolls should be served with a cup of black coffee in my opinion.
Here is a close-up picture.
Can you tell how soft and moist the inside is?
And there are no eggs or butter in these rolls.
After I enjoyed my first roll, I decided to do something I was originally thinking of doing (but then I changed my mind later): sprinkling mint leaves.
I love the combination of carrot, orange, cinnamon, and mint.
So I was dying to try it, but then I got scared, because you never see anything green on top of cinnamon rolls.
Well, I’m glad I did.
They looked even more fabulous with the green color!
The mint was so refreshing and made the rolls taste even better.
This turned out of be absolutely perfect for breakfast!
Sunshine Cinnamon Rolls (makes 12 rolls)
3/4 cup carrot pureed lukewarm water: pureed 2 small carrot combined with lukewarm water
1 tablespoon granulated yeast
1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal plus 4 tablespoons water
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
zest from 1 orange
3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4~1/3 cup dried cranberries
3/4 to 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons oat milk
zest from 1 orange
splash of fresh lemon juice
fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. Make dough for rolls. Combine all the ingredients in a tall container. Mix well with a wooden spoon and wet hands. Cover with a lid (not airtight) and let it rise for about 2 hours, or until it is double in size. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Make filling. Combine sugar and cinnamon.
3. Roll out the dough to make a 1/8-inch thick rectangule.
4. Spread the cinnamon sugar and dry cranberries. Roll tightly.
5. Cut into 12 pieces. Place them in a greased quarter sheet pan.
6. Loosely cover with a plastic wrap and allow them rise for about 40 to 50 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350F.
8. Take the plastic wrap off. Bake for about 30 minutes, or they are lightly browned.
9. Let them cool.
10. Make icing. Combine well all the ingredients. Drizzle it over the rolls. Sprinkle mint leaves.
2 thoughts on “Sunshine Cinnamon Rolls
Every time I see these I want one immediately!!!
March 9th, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Me too! 🙂
Comments are closed.