Who said you can’t snack in the morning?
When I have beautiful fruit like this, I want to start the day eating lots of it!
I cut them into small pieces.
Easy to scoop up with chips this way.
Here is the first layer.
Looks like a wreath.
Tortilla chips made with stone ground white corn, red quinoa, and black beans.
We always have several different kinds of chips in our house.
Terry is sort of an expert to spot good chips wherever we go for grocery shopping.
A drizzle of cashew cream and sunflower butter and fruit were placed between layers and on top.
This was such a great idea!
How fun is it you get to eat breakfast with hands?!
I didn’t think I was that hungry, but Terry and I devoured this.
Each bite is absolutely perfectly delicious.
Even though it looks like a snack, this breakfast is nutrition-packed with all the fresh fruit!
I drizzled a little maple syrup at the end, but it can be optional.
I spotted this mug at Anthropologie, and fell in love with the colors and the design.
This is my new mug, and this one is Terry’s.
One of the things in cups (and bowls, too) I look for is some design inside the cup (or bowl).
And this mug passes the test.
Breakfast fruit Nachos
cashew cream “cheese”
– 1/2 cup cashew nuts
– hot water to cover the nuts
– fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
– about 1 tablespoon sugar
tortilla chips; I used Trader Joe’s Quinoa Black Bean chips
1/4 cup sunflower butter
2 cups chopped fruit; I used mango, banana, grapes, cherries, and blueberris
1. Make cashew cream “cheese”. Put nuts in a tall container. Add hot water to cover the nuts. Let them soak for at least about 15 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients. Puree until smooth using a hand blender.
2. Place chips on a plate. Drizzle the cashew cream “cheese” and sunflower butter. Sprinkle some fruit.
3. Place another layer of chips. Drizzle the cashew cream and sunflower butter. Place a pile of fruit in the middle. Sprinkle fresh mint leaves.