I found a large package of beautiful blueberries on sale at the store, and I had to have it.
I enjoyed snacking on it, but then I also wanted to make something to really showcase the blueberries.
First make crepes.
Lots of them!
I actually enjoy this kind of work.
It’s kind of like a zen moment for me.
Here is how to assemble this beautiful cake.
Layer the crepes.
On each layer spread lemon cream.
Then on top of the layer, spread more lemon cream and place fresh blueberries.
Garnish with lemon slices.
This is the final result.
If you like you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top too.
How beautiful is the cut side?
Who would like a piece?
The cake is great as it is, but I thought this would make it even better.
Coconut cream was drizzled over the cake.
It adds an additional layer of flavors, and it goes so well with lemon and blueberries.
Each bite is so perfect.
This cake tastes the best when freshly made. I would NOT recommend making ahead of the time.
Lemon Blueberry Mille Crepe Cake
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– a pinch of salt
– 1 cup and about 3 tablespoons soy milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup canola oil plus some more for cooking
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-4 tablespoons all purpose flour
– 6~8 tablespoons sugar
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon canola oil
– 300cc soy milk
– vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
lemon slices (for garnish:optional)
– 1/2 cup coconut cream (from a can)
– about 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Make lemon cream. Combine all the ingredients except for milk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Over medium heat slowly add milk while constantly stirring. Continue to stir and cook until it achieves the thickness you prefer. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract. Mix well. Cool. Put in a glass container. Cover with plastic. Refrigerate.
2. Make crepes. Combine all the ingredients until smooth. Pour the batter onto a preheated and oiled pan. Move the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes on medium heat, until the bottom is light brown. Turn and cook the other side for another minute or so. Cool.
3. Layer the crepes. Spread lemon cream between the layers. Spread more lemon cream on top. Place blueberries and lemon slices (garnish: optional).
4. Make coconut cream. Mix well coconut cream and sugar.
5. Serve the cake with coconut cream on the side.
Have a great weekend everyone!