This was our lunch today.
Curried Butternut Squash Pasta Plate!
Seasonally appropriate, isn’t it?
I love the farmers market this time of the year.
There are already many different types of fall squash displayed, and they are so beautiful.
The creamy curry flavored squash sauce was poured over whole wheat pasta and served with crispy fried onion and fresh cilantro.
Isn’t this golden colored sauce pretty?
This beautiful farm to table plate was complete with freshly sauteed green beans that I also picked up at the farmers market this morning.
Curried Butternut Squash Pasta
3 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 small butternut squash, cubed
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
1~2 tablespoon sugar
100g cooked whole wheat pasta
1 tablespoon fried onion
*you’ll end up with sauce enough for about 4 servings.
1. Sautee garlic and onion in oil.
2. Add butternut squash and continue to cook.
3. Add water to cover 2/3 bottom of squash. Add a bay leaf. Boil and then turn to low heat. When the squash is cooked through, puree using a hand blender.
4. Add soy milk until preferred thickness.
5. Add cumin, curry, sugar, hot sauce, and salt and pepper (if needed).
6. Pour the sauce over pasta. Serve with fried onion and cilantro.
I’m on Instagram.