Let me tell you. This may be the best looking cake I’ve ever made!
The star of this cake was definitely the fresh currants I brought home from the farmers market.
I have a soft spot for fresh currants.
I think they are so pretty!
Don’t they look like pearls?!
Just out of the oven.
Made pretty with powdered sugar.
A BIG slice please.
This cake is moist, delicious, and beautiful.
To tell you the truth, I was surprised how well it turned out myself (I’m in no way a negative person, but I tend to be rather pessimistic when it comes to baking (lol)).
Apple Currant Yogurt Cake adapted from this recipe (Japanese)
100g all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
80cc canola oil
160g plain Greek yogurt
1 apple (I used Gala), cut into 24 slices (sprinkle lemon juice to avoid browning)
1/2 cup fresh white and red currants
powdered sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix the first seven ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Place apple slices on top. Sprinkle fresh currants over the apple. Push the currants and apple down gently.
5. Bake for 40~50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let it cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar.
I’m on Instagram.