When life gives you oranges, make orange soda!
Well, ginger orange soda, to be exact.
Or make orange art.
Or a silly face (lol).
OK. Let’s go back to the ginger orange soda.
Growing up in Japan, we didn’t drink a lot of soda.
But my mom would let me and my sister choose a flavored soda after our swimming lesson.
She knew that I was always so reluctant to go to the class.
I still don’t drink a lot of soda, and when I actually drink store-bought soda, the flavor is a bit too strong to me.
Homemade soda like this one is perfect for me.
It’s so fresh and absolutely delicious.
(By the way, my choice of soda during my childhood was Fanta Grape.)
Ginger Orange Soda
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 tablespoons ginger slices
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice; I used 7 oranges
1 lemon, juice
1/2 cup soda water
orange slices, for garnish
mint, for garnish
1. Make ginger syrup. Combine all the ingredients in a pot. Boil and then remove from heat. Let it cool.
2. Combine orange juice, lemon juice, and soda water.
3. Add the ginger syrup one tablespoon at a time. Taste and continue to add until it achieves your preferred sweetness. You probably do not need all.
4. Serve over ice cubes. Garnish with orange slices and mint leaves.