Strawberry Cashew Cream Sandwich
I know spring is not quite here yet.
Especially in Minnesota we have to be a bit more patient compared to the rest of the country.
But when I saw a package of beautiful strawberries at a grocery store last weekend, I had to have them.
These were surprisingly sweet and I decided to enjoy them with the freshly baked bread.
I usually make this type of sandwich with whipped cream, but this time I decided to use cashew cream.
The result was wonderful!
Although it was snowing outside, this sandwich brought a tiny bit of spring to our kitchen.
This is great for snack or even for lunch!
I enjoyed this with a cup of black tea.
Yes, I still love our tea bar.
– 1.5 cup cashew nuts, soaked in boiled water for one hour
– fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
– 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
4 strawberries, cut in half
1. Make cashew nuts. Combine all the ingredients and puree the nuts using a hand blender until it’s smooth.
2. Spread the cashew cream on the bread slices.
3. Place strawberries and sandwich.
I’m on Instagram.