I love everything about cornbread, but particularly the unique texture.
Any dish that comes with cornbread becomes extra special to me.
I thought about maybe using a round pan, but for some reason, I always have this idea that cornbread has to be square (lol).
You may ask, what made me decide to make cornbread.
Well, I thought it would be perfect to serve with my Chili with Blackened Corn.
This turned out to be an awesome lunch plate.
Tasty chili, flavorful moist cornbread, and a glass of homemade cold brew coffee.
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
5 tablespoons water
1 1/3 cups soy milk
6 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch baking dish with foil.
2. In a bowl combine flaxseed meal and water. Mix well.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Combine well.
4. Pour the batter to the dish.
5. Put in the oven. Once the door is closed, turn the oven to 425F.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes and a knife inserted into the middle of the corn bread comes out clean.