When we come home from the local farmers market like this,
We (I) make pizza!
But first we (I) play (lol).
You can make a free-style (don’t worry if it’s not perfectly round or rectangle) ones.
Or individual ones.
I put together pizza dough quick. While waiting for it to rise, I cut up all the vegetables.
Very easy and quick preparation.
I recently learned that bread flour makes pizza crust crispy, and all purpose flour gives chewy texture.
I went with almost half and half this time because I like my pizza crust crispy AND chewy.
The result was extremely satisfactory!
Zucchini and Potato Pizza – makes one large pizza and one individual pizza
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 2/3 cup bread flour
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon yeast
– 3/4 cup lukewarm water
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup sliced potato
1/2 cup zucchini and yellow squash
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Sambal (Indonesian pepper relish)
salt and pepper
olive salad (I used the one from CostCo)
chopped fresh basil
1. Make dough. Place water in a large bowl. Add yeast and mix well until it dissolves. Add all the other ingredients. Knead. Make a smooth ball. Cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise for about one hour.
2. Roll out the dough. Place potatoes, zucchini/yellow squash, and red onion.
3. Mix olive oil and Sambal. Brush the oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle some peppers and garlic from Sambal over the vegetables. Salt and pepper.
4. Bake in 425F oven for about 15 minutes or until browned.
5. Serve with olive oil and basil.
I’m on Instagram.