One of our favorite home-cooked meals.
Cod Rice Pouch!
The main ingredient is apparently cod.
But I like to put a lot of vegetables in the pouch as well.
Here is a picture right before the pouch was closed and put in the oven.
You can enjoy this dish simply as it is, or a splash of lemon juice, or any sauce of your choice.
This time I served it with sweet and spicy chili soy sauce.
You can certainly make chili sauce from scratch, but it’s easier when you use Trader Joe’s Hot & Sweet Chili Jam.
This is super easy to make, yet, it looks gorgeous.
Another great thing about this dish is everything (protein, carbs, and veggies) you want for your meal is all in the pouch.
So no need to prepare side dishes separately.
1 cup cooked rice
1/4 lb cod
vegetables (I used napa cabbage, broccolini, scallion, and carrots)
3~4 ginger slices
1 teaspoon Sake or white wine, or/and olive oil
salt and pepper
sweet and spicy chili soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Hot & Sweet Chili Jam
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place parchment paper on a pan.
3. Put cooked rice, cod, and vegetables on the parchment paper. Place ginger sliced on the cod.
4. Splash Sake, or white wine, or/and olive oil.
5. Salt and pepper.
6. Close the parchment paper.
7. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or the cod is cooked through.
8. Make sauce. Mix ingredients well. Pour the sauce over the cod and vegetables.
A photo of beautiful St. Paul Cathedral from our long afternoon walk.
Have a great week everyone!