I like fruit and I like the idea of smoothie, but I tend to like my beverage warm, not cold.
Especially in the morning I like to eat/drink something that warms up my body.
So here is my solution.
And it’s served hot.
The soup is even served with toppings!
Cinnamon cardamom croutons for a little crunchiness.
And cashew “cheese” for a little saltiness.
I roughly pureed the strawberries because I wanted to keep some chunks.
1 cup strawberries
1 cup soy milk (or almond milk)
cinnamon cardamon croutons
– 1/4 cup small cubes bread
– canola oil
– 1~2 tablespoons cashew nuts soaked in hot water
– lemon juice
1. Make soup. Warm milk over medium heat. Add strawberries. Roughly puree using a hand blender. Add sugar
2. Make croutons. Lightly coat bread cubes with oil. Toast them in a toaster until browned and crunchy. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom in a bowl. Coat the croutons with the sugar-spice mixture.
3. Make cashew “cheese”. Very roughly puree/chop nuts with a hand blender. Add sugar, salt, and lemon juice.
4. Serve the strawberry soup with the croutons, cashew “cheese”, and a drizzle of maple syrup.