Sloppy Joes has never been my favorite, but I always thought it had potential.
So when I saw Ms. Drummond making this, I got the inspiration to give Italia flavors to my sloppy joes as well.
My trusted canned tomatoes from Trader Joe’s.
Doesn’t this look awesome or what!?
I made garlic bread for my sloppy joes just as Ms. Drummond did for hers.
I think one of the biggest reasons I do not care for regular sloppy joes is the bun.
I feel it’s too soft for this sandwich.
So this crusty garlic bread was perfect!
Oh, and did I say it’s vegan?
Italian Sloppy Joes – Vegan
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, roughly smashed
1 small can tomato paste
crushed red pepper
1/2 cup water
garlic toasts (bread slices, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt)
1. Sautee garlic in olive oil.
2. Add onion and pepper and continue to sautee.
3. Add cauliflower and tomatoes. Continue to cook.
4. Add sugar, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, red pepper, salt, pepper, and water. Continue to cook.
5. Serve over garlic toasts. Sprinkle parsley.
I’m on Instagram.